Children’s Services Include the Following:
- Brigance Screening administered three times each year
- Parents complete an Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-SE) as a mental health screening twice a year
- Developmental or mental health referrals to Nevada Early Intervention Service (NEIS), White Pine School District, or Ely Mental Health when needed
- Implements The Creative Curriculum® in all of our Head Start and Early Head Start classes
- Uses the Teaching Strategies Gold Online System for observations and ongoing assessments
New Head Start Program Performance Standards focus on stronger curriculum requirements and child assessment data to ensure effective teaching in Head Start so that children are academically and socially competent.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that features exploration and discovery as a way of learning, enabling children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills. It is designed to help educators at all levels of experience plan and implement a developmentally appropriate, content-rich program for children with diverse backgrounds and skill levels. Please follow this link for more information on The Creative Curriculum.