What is School Readiness?
School Readiness means that children are ready for school, families are ready to support their children’s learning, and schools are ready for children to attend. Head Start’s School Readiness approach includes:
- Programs that are appropriate for the age and development of the child.
- Measuring progress
- Physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development
- The proper skills and attitudes necessary for the child to succeed in school
- Working with parents to establish school readiness goals
- Working with local schools to promote school readiness
Please feel free to review our School Readiness Goals here: